Serves 2 people
This recipe contains 3 steps which can be finished in roughly an hour (20-30 min active time). The first involves roasting the squash for 30-45 min, the second is boiling pasta, and the third is the mixing melange.
|Butternut squash (diced)||2 cups (~1/3 small-medium squash)|
|Garlic||3 large cloves|
*Note: Pancetta, thick cut bacon, or similar will do great with this recipe
Roasted Butternut Squash
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Peel and cut butternut squash. Peel garlic.
- Toss squash and garlic in olive oil, season with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Space evenly on a 1/8 sheet tray, place prosciutto into nooks.
- Bake for 20 min.
- Check after 20 min – if prosciutto is crispy, remove prosciutto from pan and set aside. Roast squash and garlic for another 10-15 min until fork tender. Start boiling water for spaghetti.
- Set aside until lightly cooled.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Salt, and cook pasta as instructed on box.
- Reserve 1.5 cups of salty/starchy water.
- Drain pasta, and stop cooking under cold water.
- Blend squash, garlic, eggs and starchy pasta water until fully emulsified.
- Heat medium pan with a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- Medium dice pancetta, and cook until crisp.
- Introduce pasta into the pan, coat with oil and mix in puree.
- Stir frequently, as the emulsion cooks it will thicken.
Plate and sprinkle with a dash of flaky sea salt.